Wednesday, November 9, 2011

When synchronizing music files to a portable device in Yahoo Music, can you change the bit-rate (re-encode it)

My digital music library consists of mostly mp3 files imported at a 320 Kbs bit rate. When transfering those files to my music player I need to be able to convert them to a lower bit rate so they don't take up so much space. It would be nice if this was a one step process. Additionally, the 2 library solution (one for high bit rate, one for mobile) doesn't seem very palettable. Windows Media Player can do this, Tools->Options->Devices->(Specific Device)->Properties->Quality. However, Overall I like the Yahoo Music interface better and would like to continue to use it, but this is a big issue that might make me reconsider.

No comments:

Post a Comment